Sunday, March 17, 2013

Be Cool, Like Me

People are always asking me how I became so cool.  They usually ask if I was born this way, or if I have had to work hard at being so cool.  I have been asked to teach seminars, write books, and share my secrets.  Which I usually won't do.  Sorry, kids.  I was just born like this.  (Which is obvious if you have met Macie and you already recognize her natural coolness.)

But for those of you who are still dying to be cool, who may or may not have been born with coolness in your genes, I am giving out this one piece of advice.  This little secret. This once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you want to be cool, like me, you should run a half marathon with me on May 4th 2013. 

 Guaranteed coolness will follow.

I realize that not everyone is at a place in life to get up and run a half marathon.  I know I wasn't.  But it's been my goal to train for and complete a Half Marathon in 90 days... also making me cool.  (and very tired)  So this invitation is for those of you who already can easily run 3 or so miles.  You can do this too.  (It is a fast and flat course with just a few rolling hills, which means even if you are a wimp like me, who can hardly make it up the hills, you can still do this!)

For the rest of you (who may hate running, or be pregnant, or have bad knees or whatever) there is still hope.  You, too, can still be cool even if you don't run with me.  You can come and cheer for me.  That makes you very cool, just by association!  No effort required!  All you have to do is show up on race day and cheer for me when I cross the finish line (on  my hands and knees panting for air and delusional with exhaustion).  Not only will this make you cool- it will immediately launch you into the position of Best Friends.  (I know, I know, this is the biggest news you have heard all day!) And help me when I want to give up at the 8 mile mark and go out for donuts.

So here are some details.

Cinco De Mayo Half Marathon. (Which I hope means they will serve Pina Coladas instead of Gatorade)

aka The Snoqualmie Valley Half Marathon & 8K (Oh yeah, that means if a Half is not your style you can do the 8k!!)

May 4th, 2013

Beginning at 9 a.m. at Mt Si High School. 


I would LOVE to run with you, see you there, and watch you advance in your coolness.

P.S. For those of you, like the Nelsons, who are already cool by nature, you can still come support your sister/aunt/daughter/favorite cousin and lend your example of coolness to the others.


People who are already cool for running a 10K with me on my 30th Birthday.  In 38 degree weather!



You, too, could look this cool crossing the finish line with me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh such great memories! ! I would love to run it with you but I still have no idea what is going on with my surgeries. I may have to get more done. :( but you are way cool and some day I would love to run with you again! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heidi, that was such a fun way to celebrate your birthday!!
    I will have to cheer for you from a far. Jenna is getting baptized that day :) Good luck, you will do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete