Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seriously?!

If it wasn't MY own LIFE I might be able to laugh about this. I might even be able to give encouraging words of advice. I would probably say something like

"Everything will work out for the best. It always does"

Because that is USUALLY what I say to people when they say that they don't know HOW things are going to work out for them.

I would even share one of my favorite quotes:

"TO EXCERCISE FAITH IS TO TRUST THAT THE LORD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING WITH YOU AND THAT HE CAN ACCOMPLISH IT FOR YOUR ETERNAL GOOD EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW HE CAN POSSIBLY DO IT.

YOUR WILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WILL NOT CHANGE WHAT IN HIS WISDOM HE HAS CHOSEN TO DO...

I TESTIFY THAT WHEN THE LORD CLOSES ONE IMPORTANT DOOR IN YOUR LIFE, HE SHOWS HIS CONTINUAL LOVE AND COMPASSION BY OPENING MANY OTHER DOORS."
Elder Richard G. Scott November Ensign 1995

I might think that their situation doesn't seem THAT bad, so why are they losing FAITH?

"It could be worse"
right??


But I AM talking about MY own LIFE. And it really isn't funny anymore. :)


JT IS ON THE WAIT LIST FOR PUERTO RICO's P.A. PROGRAM.

That is right, we didn't get accepted off of the wait list for Pacific University last month, but we discovered what seemed like a dream come true-- a new program in Puerto Rico (where JT served his mission) After waiting 3 weeks for a response we found out that ONCE AGAIN Jt is on the WAIT LIST.

SERIOUSLY?!

I could go into the details about how this might seem like a step forward-- but it is actually really two steps back -- but the story is too depressing. So, I am not laughing. Not even at the irony of it all. I am just asking:

SERIOUSLY?

6 comments:

  1. oh man, i'll just say it--waiting stinks. hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really stinks. That's all I have to say. Oh and "Boo" Pacific! They're really expensive anyway. (At least that's what we told ourselves to feel better...) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! I think you need to consider taking the encouraging words of advice that you would offer to someone if this were happening to them instead of to you.

    And, if there is anyone that is able to exercise faith and trust that the Lord knows what He is doing, it is you! You've done it plenty before and it has ALWAYS turned out to be what's best. This time is no different. It will all work out for the best. So, hang in there. This closed door may be the one that leads to an amazing opportunity just down the road.

    And, BYW, I'm sad for all that you are going through, but I'm also selfishy happy for me that it's a possiblity that I'll be able to keep you around here for a bit longer :) (Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Katie. Sometimes things don't make sense until way later in life. Don't you hate it when that happens? I admire your faith so much (you and JT both). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about sucking! Well there is nothing really left to say. I always try to remind myself that other people have life worse. Sometimes that works. Maybe go to a homeless shelter, or Children's hospital. Then you will feel depressed, but not about your own situation for the moment. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it all!! I too admire yours and JT's strength through this all. We will keep all fingers and toes crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete