Friday, January 11, 2013

Liebster...the only German world I know, besides Snhitzel

Liebster-

Last night, when I went to bed, I was having a rough night.  (Stay tuned for more about that later)  So JT suggested I start blogging again.  That was a great idea- accept for the fact that my mind was completely blank (more about that later... but really later, like in a later post.  See how I did that?  I just hooked you with a little tidbit that makes you want to come back and read my next post to explain why my mind was blank.  Like a commercial for a new T.V. series that makes you want to come back the next week to get sucked in to a new addiction show.)

So when I sat down, hoping for some inspiration I was surprised to see a nomination for an Award called the Liebster Award.  Which was really thoughtful, especially knowing my recent let down.  (If you heard the 2013 Oscar Nominations, you know that I, once again, was not nominated for anything.  It is an extremely difficult let down.) Thank goodness for people who nominated me for this Blogging Award to lift my spirits.  (I am expecting the Nominators to present me with a gold plated statue if I "win")

What is a Liebster?

According to Amanda (and Ashlee who copied Amanda, and me - who is copying both of them) it is the German word for "favorite".  (Now I know two German words.  I grew up eating "Shnitzel" a German pork dish- which is one of my favorite words because whenever my mom said it we thought she was saying S*@!, which is the funniest thing for a kid to hear their mom swear.  At least in my house.)  This award is passed from one blogger to another as a way to tell them that you enjoy reading their blog--and they should keep it up! Here is how you accept your Nomination:

1. Post 11 random things about myself.

2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator set for me.
3. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (no tag-backs).
5. Go to each of their blogs to tell them about their nominations.


11 Random Things About Myself
1. I speak Malagasy. (Or at least I did 10 years ago... I think I still can.)
2. I got to hold baby lions cubs on my mission at a Game Park in South Africa.  It was cool and scary.  One of the little cubs bit a pretty big hole in my  favorite sweater, which was a  obviulsy a tragedy.
3. I dream of having a maid one day, and a cook.  My favorite thing in the world is when other people cook and clean up the dishes for me.  (When it is good food, I am sorta picky.)
4. I always wear toe nail polish.  Always.
5. I love to bake.  (But again, I want a maid to do the dishes after me.)
6. I am madly in love with Jonathan Tyler.  He is not perfect, but he is the perfect guy for me.
7.  I don't know how to use the computer.  And I never thought this whole "internet thing" would actually "catch on".
8.  Someday I plan to go back to school and get my Bachelor's Degree.  Or at least take every possible elective class to decide what I want to do when I grow up.  This probably won't happen till my kids are all well into school, since I love being a stay at home mom right now.
9.  I think I am really funny.  Like, really-funny.  Like, funnier-than-you-funny.  I know that sound conceited, it isn't. It is just my perception.
10.  "Passion" soda is my favorite beverage on the planet.  I haven't had it in 10 years (since Madagascar) but not a day goes by that I don't miss it.  Maybe that is what they mean when they say "not a day will go by that you don't think  about your mission".  So true.
11.  I am an Art Docent at Riley's school.  It is so much fun.  It is my favorite title right now.



I was nominated twice (take that, Academy, who needs an Oscar?? I was nominated TWICE!) so I took half of each of their questions so that you wouldn't be reading my blog for the next 4 hours.  (Even though you want to.  Go ahead, read some old posts.  Leave some comments.  Enjoy yourself.)


Amanda's 6 Questions
1. When was the last time you cried? Last Night. (Remember the foreshadowing at the beginning of this post?) My back is hurting pretty bad, again.  I miss running, lifting weights, carrying my kids, sleeping at night, and feeling like myself.  It's been a "why me" kind of week.  I just want to get better.
2. What is your favorite outfit? Anything with my new brown boots. Oh and the grey dress that everyone at church loves. (thanks for the compliments, it makes my day :)
3. What is your most recent triumph? Being calm and tender when Riley had a big break down the other day.  I held her while she cried, and listened carefully, and helped her feel safe.  It may be one of my biggest triumphs ever.
4. Where have you always wanted to visit, but haven't yet? Europe. (How have  I lived this long without being to the Musee d' Orsay??)
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A movie star, with a dark mole on my lip, a long cigarette holder in my left hand, and a mink fur draped over my shoulders.  And a brunette.
10. What talent do you wish you had developed in your youth? Math. Is that a talent? Ok, Piano- because it uses Math.  I always hated it when they said "you will use this someday" to calculate if a train leaves New York at 10:00 am and a bus leaves Miami on Wed and all I could think about is how I have never been to either of those places but that I would really like to go and I would just take a plane if I did go, and I would hire a travel agent so I wouldn't have to worry about the time.  And if worse came to worst I would use a calculator, or just ask someone wearing glasses (because we all know that wearing glasses makes you smart).


Ashlee's 5 Questions

2.  What was your GPA when you graduated from High School? Seriously?! I have no idea.  I think it was a 3.5, which was probably my best GPA ever since I had broken up with my boyfriend, dropped Math, and was taking Guitar and Art.
3.  What is your favorite form of exercise? Running and weight lifting and yoga.  Ok, I don't have a favorite.  I miss it all. :( Thanks for bringing it up, Ash, now I will probably have to cry again and change my answer to Amanda's first question.
4.  Do you care what way the toilet paper goes on the holder? Yes!!
10.  What is your biggest fear? Spiders.  And JT dying. (Even worse: JT dying because of a Spider!)
11.   What is your favorite vacation spot?  Puerto Rico just pushed it's way in to the top of my list.


Questions for the Nominees.
1. What is so cool about the person who nominated you?
2. What is your biggest regret of 2012?
3.  What was the highlight of 2012?
4.  Who do you wish you still kept in touch with, but haven't seen in awhile?
5. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
6.  What is the best part about your "job"?
7. Where is your favorite place to eat? (Restaurant.  Not "over the sink" or "in the tub")
8. What is your dream job?
9. Who is your hero, and why?
10. What is your lucky number?
11.  What was the last book you read?



Now to nominate some friends.   Have I ever told you I am terrible at keeping up on blogs?  (even my own)  So here are some that I read.  If I didn't mention you- don't hate me.  And please still vote for me so that I get a golden statue! What?  You don't think there is an actual vote and award for this?.........

Aubrey @http://www.aubreyannie.com/
Meg  @http://47north.wordpress.com/
Jenny @http://brentandjenny.blogspot.com/?zx=98bee001d232bd9d
Wendy @http://bendanielsfamily.blogspot.com/
Ashley @ http://ashleyschultz.blogspot.com/



Remember how my mind has been going blank lately? And how I have 3 kids and two of them are now awake and one will be at the bus stop soon?  And how I have been icing my back the whole time I  typed this, and now it is accidentally numb?  I gotta go.  Can I come back and nominate the rest tonight?  oh, good, thank you Liebster Panel for not disqualifying me.

2 comments:

  1. I know you just didn't nominate me because you knew I had already been nominated twice as well (neener neener, we're tied!). I will say my answer to #4 is you! It's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet honor. thank you, friend! i will make a point of doing this..i'm awful at blogging lately. and by lately i mean all of 2012.

    ReplyDelete