Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Every Man is Given a Gift

"...there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God" Doctrine and Covenants 46:12

I am about to BRAG about my kids... But I understand that not every one receives every gift, so don't feel bad about yourself when you hear how amazing my child it. I am sure your kids have OTHER gifts... like drawing an ELEPHANT at 2! or singing on key, or reading at 3, whatever it may be.

As for my GIFTED children. Apparently they were both given the same special talent. One that most in the world will never recognize or know (which is why I must Blog) A talent I had never considered before childbirth...

I discovered on Monday while sick on the couch watching Little Einsteins with my kids that Blake is a gifted child. At only 17 months old he came to me, looking sympathetic towards my horribly runny nose and eyes, with the same runny look on his own face, and took from me my roll of toilet paper, tore off a square and proceeded to BLOW HIS NOSE!! then handed the yucky tissue back to his stunned and proud mother!

That's right everyone. My kids are nose blowing prodigies! I considered that it might have been a fluke. Could two children in one family be so gifted at Nose Blowing before a year and a half?? Then last night as we brushed our teeth I saw Blake walk directly up to the Toilet Paper dispenser in the bathroom and lean his nose against the soft tissue and begin to BLOW AGAIN! Five minutes later, he ran back to the bathroom, without bothering to remove a square, and leaned against the paper roll with his face and BLEW AGAIN! IT ISN'T A FLUKE!! IT IS A GIFT!!

Ok, ok, he can't play the violin, or eat with a fork, but they both can blow their noses!

P.S. PLEASE CHECK THE ROLL AT MY HOUSE BEFORE YOU WIPE, HE HAS NOT LEARNED TO PULL IT OFF THE ROLL AND THROW IT AWAY!!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I am really thinking that blowing the nose is slightly better than being able to draw an elephant...unless she becomes the next Picasso or something. For now, I would take the nose blowing. :) I am pretty jealous about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a golden skill. That is truly something every mother wishes for her kids. How nice when they figure it out so young! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice. Maybe you guys will get less sinus infections. My kids always get them. And they simply cannot blow out there nose. Jaden is getting the hang of it if we yell at him to do so. And he is 6. Way to go Gifted Tyler kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Speechless. Seriously.

    How do you guys DO this?

    Good genes, I tell you. You guys have passed on some seriously good, nose-blowing genes.

    ReplyDelete